Heating always on, thermostat doesn’t control boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, sorry if this is posted in the wrong place.

I have a Ferroli Bluehelix 28x boiler that was installed recently, it was installed with a Honeywell Home wireless thermostat that worked fine, but now doesn’t seem to control it the boiler anymore. The only way I’m able to turn the heating off is to put the boiler into ‘Summer’ mode that only provides hot water. Nothings changed with the wiring to the boiler and I’ve checked that the wires are all still terminated properly.
Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?
I also have a hive system from my previous boiler that worked fine, I tried swapping the thermostats and it’s the same situation.

cheers for any help.

Sponsored Links
Have you checked for satisfactory operation of the microswitch in the 2 or 3 port valve?

Nozzle

Honestly not too sure how I would do that, is it a simple thing to check or would I be best off just getting a plumber in?

I’ve had a quick look and it doesn’t seem like I have one of these valves

Sponsored Links
As above, this is best moved to the 'Plumbing and Central Heating' section.

However, if the boiler has been working fine up to now, you may want to check if it has a 'frost stat', or a frost stat setting?

There have been a few posts on the forum recently about similar issues, now the outside temperature has dropped.

Thanks all, I’ll repost there.
It’s been a few months to be honest, I’m just getting a bit fed up of having to walk to the boiler to turn it on/off.

post a pic of the display on the honeywell home and the display on the boiler with the heating and HW set to both on

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back