HEATING AN INSULATED SHED??

Hi Chaps

Woodstove, funny you mentioned that norcon as a friend mentioned that also today. Thanks, i'll look a bit more into that.

In all honesty i vastly underestimated how much heat would be required to keep it at approx 16C, its a subject in itself.

Thanks again for everyone's tips.
Cheers
Ron

i would do your homework first
i have a woodburner in my shed and i burn free wood i suspect if you have to pay for it it will be no cheaper than electric
look on line for nearly new woodburners and ask yourself why
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_f...g+stoves&_dcat=84184&rt=nc&LH_ItemCondition=4

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Will do Big-All :)

There's an elderly chap right across the road to us, he heats his house with wood burners. Apart from him reeking of smoke every time i visit him, he forever on the lookout for wood to burn. Standard timber from skips such as off cuts of 4x2 burn very quickly, only a good hard wood log burns for long periods.

Also, he's forever cutting wood up, you can hear him every other day using his chop saw to make 15 inch lengths.

I like the results of some people who have made the solar heat boards for the roof. One chap on a forum used black silicone tube (10mm) and clipped it backwards & forwards until the whole 2.4M x 1.2M board was covered. It generated a good heat, the bucket was steaming in the cold, amazing what you can do with some pipe.

Cheers
Ron

a shed that is used intermittently for short periods may not suit a stove.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back