heating aqua plank laminate floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all - hope you can help. I keep getting conflicting opinion, and reckon some bods are just trying to get me to spend more money than i need to...

Decided on 4mm thick aqua plank flooring, as need 100% waterproof click flooring system (without bevel). Floor will sit on thick concrete screed (80mm) which sits on 120mm insulation.

We want to use underfloor electric system, such as foil kit from warm up, and have established that we've got to have insulation underneath, as otherwise concrete would take approx 8 hours to heat up to temp! :eek:

So info (after telephone/ and internet research) isn't readily available for this product, from makers and heating companys are unfamiliar with it.

Has anyone got direct experience of laying aqua plank over different underlays, as flooring company purchasing from have concerns that too much bounce from underlay will cause floor to come apart because it has thin click system? Which products have higher compressive strength, as top quality insulations 'boast' soft underfoot sensation - which would have the thermal effective we need, but could be a bad idea for the flooring we want? Would laying 6mm mdf over the top of the foil heater under the planks help (recommended for carpet and vinyl)?

Many thanks!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back