Pulling up and reusing laminate flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a click lock type laminate floor (bevel loc from B&Q, about 12 years old) that has a few damaged planks. The worst ones are in the middle, of course. I do have a couple of boxes of extra planks but not enough to redo the whole room.

Originally the idea of being able to replace planks was a selling point for this kind of floor, but how successful is it in reality to disassemble the floor and put it back together?

Attachments

• IMG_20210225_231055606.jpg
    IMG_20210225_231055606.jpg
    311.1 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_20210225_231055606.jpg
    IMG_20210225_231055606.jpg
    311.1 KB · Views: 135
Sponsored Links
Usual procedure is to cut out the middle of plank you want to replace, you can then disconnect it. Then replace with a bespoke board that you have trimmed the connector off of.

Pulling up large sections of floor is likely to break a few tounges elsewhere and then make the job alot harder.

There are several others across the floor that also need to be replaced so that would be a lot of cutting! How would you attach the new boards if they are not clicked in together? Wouldn't gluing them to their neighbours stop it from flexing and expanding?

I don't know what has happened to these particular boards but some of the others are starting to lift up on the edges. Might be because it wasn't installed with a gap to start with, or it could just be damp over time, or just years of furniture sliding over them. I'm hoping to replace the floor in the next year or so in any case.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back