Laminate Floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys, has anyone had any experience of laying this type of laminate floor
http://www.wickes.co.uk/Laminate/Fast-Fix-Laminate-Flooring/invt/158235

the reason i ask is because i am having problems fitting it at the moment.
I have fitted laminate floors before by where you lay your first row along your longest wall then lay your second row plank by plank onto the first. The above flooring instructs you to place your cmpleted second row along side the first and try and slot the whole row in at once! nearly impossible i have found!
has anyone else got any tips for laying this type of laminate?
and what type of underlay to use under a concrete floor.
thanks

Sponsored Links
I've laid dozens of laminate flooring from brands such as Quick-step, Pergo, Balterio and Moderna. They're so easy to lay. I've only ever laid this Wickes flooring once, and the experience has put me off from ever laying it again. It normally takes me on average abou 4 - 5 hours to lay laminate in a room, but this stuff took me 2 days.

For a start, the quality of the planks were bad, so had to keep re-lifting and relaying. As you have experience, you have to fit an entire row together before you fit it to the previous row. Have you tried tapping the laminate gently together plank by plank with a block? Because of the quality of the plank, you can't hit it too hard, otherwise you will find pieces of the laminate flaking off. The other option would be to get two or three friends/relatives in to help you fit it in row by row.

The underlay you would use for a concrete floor would be one with a damp proof membrane. You can either use the 3mm foam u/lay or the thicker fibreboard u/lay.

I don't know who came up with the name, but "Fast Fix" it is definitely not.

Good luck

i totally agree with everything you had to say mr vampy.
i have taken the whole lot back and i asked the "professional" in wickes to give me a demo on how to lay it, and it was laughable as he couldnt even get four pieces together!! so, got a full refund and went to homebase to get some "convential" fitting stuff and its going down like a dream! :LOL:
stay away from "fastfix s***e !

Sponsored Links
Hi nabby68,

Good to hear that you have got it all sorted out. I usally get my laminate flooring from an independent shop where they will have opened packs, and they can let you try it out how easy it is to lay a few planks together.

So you must have finished your room by now? I suppose if you were still using the Wickes Fastfix s****, you may be on your 3rd or 4th row. lol

ive just done a job using some turd stuff called easi loc,think it came from 1 of the sheds about 21msq of it,AN ABSOLUTE pig to do,started the job at 830am and finished at 9pm.and all for m8s rates ARGGGGGGGGHHHH

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back