Heating but no hot water

Any ideas as to how to fix very gratefully received - a few years ago I phoned several plumbers for HW but no heating I didn't get much enthusiasm from any of them to want to rush round and fix it - so any DIY fixes you can suggest would be enormously appreciated.

So how was it fixed a few years ago?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Ahh right - yes - interesting story!

By the time I'd got to about plumber number four in the Thomson Local, expecting to get yet another 'sorry but I'm EXTREMELY busy and cant possibly come out til the mumbleteenth' story, I was told "yes we ARE busy but just out of interest can you tell me what the problem is - sometimes these things are very easy to fix.

Well we have hot water but no heating says I.

Might be worth checking the small tank in the loft - see if the ball valve has stuck says the chap.

Lo and behold the tank is EMPTY and the ball valve is floating in air - I wiggle it a bit and CLUNK! Down it drops and the tank commences filling!

Must get that replaced says I (I never did).

I knew it wan't the tank on this occasion because that was the first place I looked.

Empty tank = No CH
Blocked gate valve = No HW

Go figure that one out 'cos I can't!

For the life of me I cant remember the name of the firm or I'd have given them a well deserved plug on here! They saved me bundles of time and money like you guys on here have this time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back