Heating comes on (& stays on) when hot water turns on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a new problem since the weekend where my heating comes on when my hot water turns on and then continues to heat irrespective of the thermostat set temperature. For example my (Nest) thermostat is set to 21, the nest is telling me that the inside temperature is higher than that e.g 23, but the rads remain hot and continue to heat. If I switch off the hot water the boiler sets to idle and only then do the rads start to cool.

From some rudimentary testing the 3 port valve seems to always be in the ‘Auto’ position.

Perhaps coincidentally I am having some work done in my bathroom, but the fitter tells me that the problem is likely to be with the Nest, rather than any effect of the work he is doing.

Any thoughts/suggestions gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
Does the hot water heat up when the heating is on even if the hot water is switched off?

Honestly....I don’t know the answer to that. The Nest will turn the heating on at any point in the day if the inside temperature falls below x, so difficult to know if the hot water also heats at the same time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back