Heating coming on in summer.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Veismann combi boiler, installed in about 2014. The wireless thermostat has recently had new batteries, and the boiler serviced a few weeks ago.

However, even though we are in summer, and temperatures are in the late teens lower twenties, the heating is still coming on. Eg, we came home this afternoon to find it on, even though the thermostat was reading 21C, and it was set to 18.5C. This has been going on for the last few months, intermittently, although we turned the heating off for a while, as it was becoming such an issue.

Pressure just dropped to 1bar after heating went off, although it was higher when the heating was on apparently.

Sponsored Links
If boiler on for heating with programmer off, then receiver defective or control putting false demand on.

If rads heating up during hot water demand, then problem in the boiler.

Is the flow pipe heating up?

Thank you for the reply. It could well be the receiver. Control putting false demand on... Could be, but not sure what this is.

Forgive my ignorance.

Could you clarify by what you mean by flow pipe heating?

If it is the receiver, is this easy to repair?

Sponsored Links
I had this once (plumber had to fix). It was back when my wife and I worked in London all day, and we had a cleaner. She complained about our heating being on full and too hot to work - we didn't even know it was on. At the weekend the house was about 30 degrees during the day.

It was something to do with a valve or something broken. Heating was not on at the time, thermostat down, but boiler just kept pumping away!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back