Heating coming on when running hot water taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My central heating turns itself on when running the hot water taps ,because if this the water takes ages to get hot,is it an easy fix ? I can’t find the inverter valve in my boiler do I need an engineer?

Sponsored Links
My central heating turns itself on when running the hot water taps ,because if this the water takes ages to get hot,is it an easy fix ? I can’t find the inverter valve in my boiler do I need an engineer?
do you mean the thingy that pushes the switch that knocks the dodah that triggers the value?

Sponsored Links
Here is photo of boiler and thanks for any help

Attachments

• CFE88FD0-EF9C-4D48-8618-33679567798E.jpeg
    CFE88FD0-EF9C-4D48-8618-33679567798E.jpeg
    188.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 8B0F1259-8B4D-4AEC-8B60-9FF927B17831.jpeg
    8B0F1259-8B4D-4AEC-8B60-9FF927B17831.jpeg
    214 KB · Views: 26
  • 26FA432A-D86C-4EAF-8BB7-4A45F18B63F9.jpeg
    26FA432A-D86C-4EAF-8BB7-4A45F18B63F9.jpeg
    236.7 KB · Views: 28
Yes ,you need an engineer. Probably a diverter valve issue.

You have a combi boiler and that is how they work! The HW temp setting is very low so no wonder the water isn't very hot.

Ignore, talking rubbish. :(

Last edited:
You have a combi boiler and that is how they work! The HW temp setting is very low so no wonder the water isn't very hot.

The heating shouldn’t be coming on by itself when running the hot water tap! It never used to ,Oh and I turn the water temperature down when getting a shower but put it in full when washing up so your wrong

The heating shouldn’t be coming on by itself when running the hot water tap! It never used to ,Oh and I turn the water temperature down when getting a shower but put it in full when washing up so your wrong
Now I get what you mean, I thought you were saying the boiler was coming on rather than the heating, my bad for speed reading and not taking in what you typed. :eek: :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back