vokera excel sp80 domestic hot water running into c h

calderdale";p="875524 said:
One answer that comes to mind is, he has 'manipulated' certain boiler components to 'tell' the boiler you are looking for hot water

what kinda of answer is that!!!
Thanks for reply ,the boiler is excel sp 80 ...the vokera engineer took the domestic heat exchanger out and flushed it ,but nothing in it ,put it back on
He also ecchanged the diverter valve ....

Sponsored Links
ok well then i would consider the diverter valve to be the problem, he should have checked this before leaving tho and would question his ability.
Thanks for taking the time to reply ....the vokera engineer changed the diverter valve ,he was here for 3 hours ,but the same one is coming back on friday ...i thought i would get the boiler repaired by a vokera engineer ,as i thought he would know what he was doing

if the heat is going down the central heating pipework then i still say diverter or some kind of blockage stopping the water from going through the heat exchanger

Andy you said
The problem is ... you have a vokera boiler
. Why is Vokera a bad/ poor quality boiler in you estimation.

Fazedup, if you were familiar with Excel operation, you would see rightaway what I am getting at. You may want to look at the boiler manual where it describes boiler operation during HW mode and then sit down and reaon why primary (not hot water) is going to radiators. I am going to invite OP to update his profile so a detailed answer can be supplied. If you want to know more, suggest open a discussion on Combustion chamber where answer will be provided.

Calderdale
I do not think he would have exchanged the diverter valve on the boiler as it is a large manifold requiring extensive stripdown. If he could not diagnose a simple fault like what you have, he would be in deep manure tackiling replacement of diverter/ flow section.

Fazedup
if the heat is going down the central heating pipework then i still say diverter or some kind of blockage stopping the water from going through the heat exchanger
I would say boiler requires a service as detailed in the manual. That should fix the problem.

Calderdale, put your email in your profile. Will send you an answer. Do not like posting details on open forums as this means lost work for other registered engineers and also have fear of uninitiated getting hurt 'practicing' a task off the forum.

Calderdale, are you sure the guy works for Vokera? Looks like he might be an independent (like me), but claims he works for Vokera. Vokera backup and techincal is one of the best. They may not want to 'know' about design faults but what manufacturer does. Thank you lucky stars you have a Vokera. This boiler responds well to a proper service (not the 15 minutes brushover) and all parts are a lot cheaper than other boilers of same quality. In two hours I normally overhaul (more than what service requires) Excels to near original spec using genuine parts.

Sponsored Links
Andy you said
The problem is ... you have a vokera boiler
. Why is Vokera a bad/ poor quality boiler in you estimation.

Fazedup, if you were familiar with Excel operation, you would see rightaway what I am getting at. You may want to look at the boiler manual where it describes boiler operation during HW mode and then sit down and reaon why primary (not hot water) is going to radiators. I am going to invite OP to update his profile so a detailed answer can be supplied. If you want to know more, suggest open a discussion on Combustion chamber where answer will be provided.

Calderdale
I do not think he would have exchanged the diverter valve on the boiler as it is a large manifold requiring extensive stripdown. If he could not diagnose a simple fault like what you have, he would be in deep manure tackiling replacement of diverter/ flow section.

Fazedup
I would say boiler requires a service as detailed in the manual. That should fix the problem.

Calderdale, put your email in your profile. Will send you an answer. Do not like posting details on open forums as this means lost work for other registered engineers and also have fear of uninitiated getting hurt 'practicing' a task off the forum.

Calderdale, are you sure the guy works for Vokera? Looks like he might be an independent (like me), but claims he works for Vokera. Vokera backup and techincal is one of the best. They may not want to 'know' about design faults but what manufacturer does. Thank you lucky stars you have a Vokera. This boiler responds well to a proper service (not the 15 minutes brushover) and all parts are a lot cheaper than other boilers of same quality. In two hours I normally overhaul (more than what service requires) Excels to near original spec using genuine parts.
I telephoned vokera ,they sent out their local engineer ,he was in a vokera van....if he didnt change the diverter valve ,which you say is the problem ,is he likely to have that part with him when he comes

oh Dear i was working on one today, completely different problem tho, mine appears to be a worn out relay on the pcb but did have a look and could see how you could say bend a certain metal part to make boiler fire up, when a certain pin was not pushing far enough, but not being funny if i saw that fault i would inspect the rather in expensive rubber thing behind it that might have hole Sorry about that i was wrong mate, totally agree i doubt he would have changed valve!!! oh well made a bit of a plonker of myself this time, doooooooooooooooooo!!!!

No worries, we all have off days when better option would have been to stay in bed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back