heating element on towel rail

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
Do you think there's any reason why an electric heating element cannot be fitted to a towel rail which is acting as a heat leak in a system with a thermal store?

Sponsored Links
no problem as long as the design of the towel rad allows it, some heat from the element will probably dissipate back into the heating system though if the heating is not on

ok great so the thing about shutting off the flow in the summer when using electrically is not really necessary in your opinion?

Yes if you shut off the flow it will stop the heat dissipation I mentioned earlier this not safety critical but will be cheaper to run it

Sponsored Links
Maybe I'm being dumb here, but how are you going to get flow, return, and heater all into the bottom of the towel rail?

theres an extra tee that goes into the bottom of the towel rail and the element screws into that and the valve out the side

I think I see now - I'm sure it would be obvious if I saw one 'in the flesh' as it were.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back