Heating fused

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a potterton prima 60c boiler connected to a centreplaus c27 timer and a Landis & GYR stat.

When I turned the stat down to 'off' it clicked and the 3amp fuse blew. I've tried turning the stat back to on and replacing the fuse but it keeps blowing.

Any suggestions?

Cheers
Brett

Sponsored Links
check the stat wiring :idea:

Thanks Kev,

The stat has:

: yellow cable in live which connects to a piece of choc block at the timer
: blue cable in 'off' (labelled off) which connects to the 'N' block of the timer with the other blue cables

:red cable in N (labelled on) which connects to 'L' block of the timer

This installation has been working for the past 2 months but I'm not sure that the thermostat has been touched in that time.

The timer diagram is http://www.screwfix.com/sfd/i/cat/pdfs/82/p3133382.pdf (I'm going by the Gravity Hot water with pumped heating via roomsat)
Thanks for any guidance

what model of room stat have you got ? it doesnt look right from what you have posted, on ,off and live seems to me to be a 2 wire stat (the off isint normally used) and if it is there shouldent be a neutral connected, post back the model number.

Sponsored Links
what model of room stat have you got ? it doesnt look right from what you have posted, on ,off and live seems to me to be a 2 wire stat (the off isint normally used) and if it is there shouldent be a neutral connected, post back the model number.

As above, almost certainly as neutral connected to the 'heat satisfied' terminal, which you will need to remove and isolate in a piece of terminal block.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back