heating goes off when hot water has been heated up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For a long time now to get the c/h to come on i've also had to select the hot water switch on my Randall 4033 (20 years old)... which wasn't a problem i didnt mind having constant running hot water.. but now once the water has got hot the heating goes off and wont come back on till the hot water has been used and needs heating up again... a few weeks ago i had a new Ideal condensing boiler fitted. Before i call the engineer out i'd like an idea whether this a new central heating problem or a fault in the boiler? any ideas anyone? thanks

Sponsored Links
Typical control system fault. The engineer should have checked that the controls were working properly.
If your problem dates back form before the boiler change, installer did a poor job.
Did he:
Explain exactly how to use the boiler and controls?
Clean the system?
Fill out the BENCHMARK, which is the A4 blue and white sheet?
Leave you the “user manual” AND the “service and installation” manual?
Show you his corgi card?

yes..he did all that.. bar cleaning the system or flushing as he put it..what a quaint term! British gas wanted another £400 for that so i declined the service. Tell me is everyone on this forum as condescending? a more helpful forum has advised me it's a 'diverter valve fault' i must mention this to the engineer when he returns.. oh.. and let him know he's a monkey... even tho i didn't pay peanuts! :D

It certainly sounds like a DV fault, the actuator head probably needs replacing, but only after thorough electrical checks have been made to prove tis.

Sponsored Links
He didnt flush!!!!!!!!!!!

oh dear

I agree with you dave, bet there is and old switchmaster valve in place.

:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back