Heating issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I was wondering if anyone has some advise for me to resolve this issue I have with my heating system.

I have put a new radiator in my conservatory, refilled the system, bleed all rads and balanced the system. It worked for a while now the heating is not working as it should, the rads down stairs are not getting hot at all just Luke warm.
The pipes around the pump are boiling hot, but the rads are not.
The system is a gravity feed system with a tanks in the loft.

Is this an issue with the pump...

Sponsored Links
Where did you take your feed from for the new rad?
Ideally it should also have its own zone valve and stat so it can be controlled independently from the rest of the system.

To start with......

Bleed the pump by unscrewing the screw in the middle of pump. You will get a few drips but not a flood.

Hi thanks for the quick reply's.

The feed came from the old rad that was far to small for the room.

I have bleed the pump no air comes out but when you turn it off you can hear a bubbling sound ??? I now this is air but how do i get it out.

Sponsored Links
Did you follow the step by step instructions on here on how to balance the system.

Do you have an automatic air valves or thumb screws on the primary's ?

Ps - might be an idea to take a picture of your pump and surrounding pipework so we can see your setup

Take the centre screw out of the pump and insert a small screwdriver in to manually spin the pump, sometimes this kicks it into life.

Hello

I know how to balance a system, Done this many times before :)

All the rads get hot after i have done that then after a while they go cold.
all the up stairs rads are on 3rd of a turn back from closed (not thermostats valves)
and down stairs are on all nearly open full apart from the two that are full

I have put a picture in my albums.

Hello

Yes I have taken out the screw in the midldle and the pump is turning, also I forgot to mention that after balancing the system four rads downstairs are all warm then after a while two rads go cold, but they are not each other!!!!

The system has been added to before I brought this house so I don't even know what rad goes to what rad,

Also the main flow and return only goes under the floor boards up stairs then drop to each rad down stairs, don't know if this makes difference.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back