hi some help please, vokera excell 96e
i have central heating but no hot water, i was told the diaphragm
needed replacing in the diverter valve, this was done, and it worked
for 24hrs, then last night it stopped, does any one have an idea
i did notice that the diaphragm is not pushing out the spindle arm
where as the day before it did...
thanks for any advice you can give

Sponsored Links
You have answered your own question really as long as the water pressure is ok then its back to the diverter valve. Who fitted the diaghram? Call them back.

i was told it maybe the microswitch, but if it is simply the diaphragm
any idea what could be wrong? as the guy is saying he fitted it correctly

again thanks for help

If the pin is not comming out when hot tap is turned on then he has not properly carried out the job.

Alan

Sponsored Links
hi alan
what i found was, if 1 turned on the hot water and levered out
the arm, helping the pin...after 2-3 mins the pin would come out by itself and i would get hot water...
some thing i forgot to tell was the temperature gauge does not work
the plumber says it may have some thing to with it, but the temperature
gauge has not worked for a long time but i still get hot water

by theway thanks for your help

How can I put it. The diverter valve is faulty ie NOT working properly.

It needs professional attention not a butcher intent on forcing this and that.

The pin should eject immediatly. The person who carried out the previous repair has not done the job properly.

You have obviously got half the case off to get your boiler to work. That is not safe.

Alan

point taken, actually it was the plumber, now he has gone and i will contact vokera monday morning, but just now i discovered the water pressure was zero( never happened before) refilled, and back down to zero, yet i can not see any leak, pls alan any ideas...at least i had heating before... any ideas will be appreciates

if the pin comes out by itself eventually then the problem is probably a blockage in the water venturi, usually limescale. Do you live in a hard/medium hard water area or have any water works been carried out in the area recently?
Don't let some plumber try and remove the venturi with a screwdriver as this usually leads to damage on the venturi making it impossible to remove. You'd then have to buy a water section that you don't need. There's a proper tool for extracting Vokera water venturi which vokera will carry but your plumber may have one of these tools (they're only a tenner)

As for your zero pressure, you have a pressure relief valve on that boiler which may be letting the pressure down. This will be indicated by the overflow pipe dripping/running water. Unfortunately I can't tell you where your o/f pipe is as every installation differs. If your boiler is on an outside wall with the flue going directly out the back you'll probably find this pipe about 1-1/2 metres below the flue but it's always so. If you find the pipe and it's dripping DON'T try to block it to stop it dripping. You need someone who knows what they're doing.

Temperature gauge has NOTHING to do with it. Challenge you engineer with that. It is a supervisory item.

Pin should eject immediately- no delays.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back