heating on all the time

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a combi boiler and a boilermate2 the central heating is on all the time i have changed the room stat the pump runs all the time would the fault be with the delay timer pcb or the pump pcb ?

Sponsored Links
Without seeing it or even knowing what make of boiler then I have no idea!

not sure why agile thinks the boiler model is relevant. Sounds like a board error. I forget which one controls the heating pump from memory. I think its the pump pcb, but dont hold me to that. You should be able to trace the wiring back from the heating pump

A combi boiler and a Boilermate2 is an unusual combination. Its normally a heat only boiler. :?:

Sponsored Links
it may not be a combi boiler I thought if it heated the hot water and CHS thats what defines it as combi.The Boiler is an ideal classic FF250 paired with a Boilermate 2.The problem has gone now ,the room stat is controlling the temp.No doubt the fault will return I think the pump over run PCB relay is sticking but then at the same time why would the boiler continue to fire if there is no demand.

Any ideas I have already changed the room stat ?

The Boiler will fire WHENEVER the Thermal Store (Boilermate2) needs heat and that means 24/7 the time clock and room stat only control the heating pump! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back