Heating - One Loop?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So, I switched my first radiator (next to hot water tank) off as the last radiator (downstairs) was cold and was hoping to flush out any air within system. Now, when I switched off the first radiator by the TRV, all the other radiators in the system were cold. It was like the hot water couldn't pass though the first radiator (as it was switched off) and as such, all the others had no feed of hot water to them.

Are certain systems set up in this way?

Sponsored Links
Not on purpose, and certainly not competently.

I reckon my system may have been installed around 1990.

Is there anyway I can verify if my system has been set up this way? As said, I turned off the TRV on the first radiator nearest to the hot water tank and subsequently, the second and third radiator were cold (there are only three radiators in the loop).

Sponsored Links
That sounds like verification enough, but the only way to be sure how the pipework runs is to look at the pipework.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back