Heating Problem (and its cold tonight!!!)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just come in and switched on my central heating. As soon as i switched it on i started hearing a loud clicking noise coming from the airing cuboard.

Inside the cuboard is a zone valve actuator which is ticking and then clicking loudly. It seems to be switching itself from setting A to B each time it clicks.

Any ideas whats wrong with it, how is it fixed and is it likely to cause damage being left on?

Sponsored Links
Probably not going to get fixed tonight :cry:

Sounds like the valve needs replacing, well at least the head anyway.

Can you lock it open with the manual lever?

Thanks for the reply, just one more question,

On the right is a switch from A to B and at the top is a black switch which isn't labelled.

Would this be the manual lever to open the valve?

Sponsored Links
Unlabelled black switch is the manual lever, is assume it a two port?? put it into manual and leave open...heads just snap on and off so an easy replace... :D

Unlabelled black switch is the manual lever, is assume it a two port?? put it into manual and leave open...heads just snap on and off so an easy replace... :D
not on the older ones they don't :(

and even the ones with removable heads have a button, on the opposite side to indicater, which needs pushing to release the head.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back