Heating Problem please help

not thick just makes it harder.

hw on ch on will give you M
turn hw off at the programmer ch on, what does it indicate now ?

Sponsored Links
now turn hw back on
heating on
and turn cylinder stat down low.

whats it on then ?

Sponsored Links
if you turn hw off at programmer,
hw off then sends live to the grey wire which will let the valve move to H.

yours is not giving out 230v on hw off at programmer

what you've done now is hw on at programmer but the cylinder stat is satisfied (cylinder hot) so that then sends 230v to the grey wire.

230v can come from two places programmer off or stat satisfied.

now all you need to do is get someone to check your wiring centre wires to the grey.

if you leave your hw on constant turn stat back to 60 and heating on
you will get both till its sorted.

turn hw off at programmer you will loose heating again.

doubt it kev the op don't know what a multi meter is so wiring diagram won't do no good..

right so the water temp can stay at 50 thats fine - what you saying correct me if I wrong is that the fault is most probably coming from the programmer thing so I need an electrician / heating engineer to do something with the wiring or replace the programmer yeah?

no put it back to 60 you will get heating /hw till the cylinder is satisfied then it will go to heating only.

but you must leave the programmer on hw constant for now.

heating engineer.
check the hw off wire from the programmer.

its either programmer faulty or wire come out of the choc block in the wiring centre.

look at kevs diagram you need to check the wire in n0 7 back to the programmer hw off.

right ok so I'm only getting heating untill the tank temp is satisfied, when that happens and the switch moves to H does that mean that the C/H is still working or does it stop working?

So many questions I know sorry

when the cylinder satisfied it will send 230v to the grey it will move the valve to H. heating only.

YOU MUST LEAVE THE HW ON CONSTANT AT PROGRAMMER TILL ITS FIXED.

so for now you will have both heating/hw.

ok so the H/W must be on constant, up until now I've had both the H/W and C/H off at the programmer untill I get home and need H/W and C/H I take it that is not the best thing to have been doing?!

you can turn them off or set the programmer times and have it on timed.
your choice.

but when you come home from work you must put the hw on constant
till you get it fixed or you'll get no heating at all.

when its fixed you can go back to turning the water off on the programmer

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back