Heating problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Early last year had problems with central heating only working erratically. Boiler working fine with plenty of hot water. Took several visits from heating engineer to 'fix' it.
Problems stared again over Christmas. Strangely, when it gets too cold the problems are worse.
(Different) H.E. changed timer controll new years eave but problems returned again new years day, ie boiler working, lots of hot water that re-heats if used but central heating erratic. I checked timer clock and on-off settings. Set on-off times and switched to 'on once per day', got up in morning after heating should have been on for 1hr but it was freezing cold (but lots of hot water). Tried putting room thermstat up to max - nothing. Switched timer to 'constant' nothing. Switched water timer to off - nothing. Sent text to H.E. - nothing. Heating came on a couple of hours later so put thermstat to 20c. Heating should have stayed on untill 11.00pm but about 4.00pm it went off. I turned thermostat up to max - nothing. Heating came on again a couple of hours later so set temp to 20c. It stayed on till 11.00. Got up this morning heatin working ok. Should be on all day but it's just gone off again (1.30pm).

Have no confidence in H.E. :mad:

Sponsored Links
I would be looking at the moterised valve or room stat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back