Heating Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Big novice at most things DIY so any advice would be much appreciated!

I have a set up of british gas boiler RD1 380, british gas wireless thermostat WR1 and a british gas UP1 programmer control panel.

For some reason the heating runs on even if I switch it off on the control panel or turn the thermostat down. The only way to switch it off is through the electrics

I have changed the batteries in the thermostat and reset the control panel but no luck.

Any ideas what else I can try or am I destined to getting an engineer out?

Sponsored Links
2 motorized valves in the airing cupboard by any chance?

Sponsored Links
One of the end switches on the motorised valves will be in the closed position passing 240v through the switch to the pump and boiler.

Are there any obvious ways to fix?

If not any ideas on how i can work out which valve is causing the problem?

Find out which of the 2 valves has a pipe leading to the hw cylinder. It won't be that one that's causing the problem.

You can change the actuator head on the other valve for a new one. Two screws and 5 wires to swap like for like. No draining down required.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back