Heating randomly turns on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

This is my first post here.

I was doing some searching and I came across these posts, and it was similar to some info. I have been given by a work colleague.

I wonder if someone can help me?

My central heating boiler has recently started turning on at various times of day and night, even though control panel has it switched off.

I heard from one person that it might be the anti frost protection setting, but to be honest it has been colder and don't ever think it has come on before - it's only our first year in the house though. Having checked the anti frost thermostat on the boiler, it is set to the lowest setting (frost).

Somebody else mentioned the sticking valve mentioned in this post though, and I wonder if anyone has any thoughts on this?

Hope someone can help.

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Hiya,

No, its a Riello Oil Burner.

Hoping it might have been icy wind that has been blowing past few days - causing the frost protection to kick in.

I did not think it was this at first as it wasnt coming on during all the ice and snow we had up here, but maybe the icy wind caused it to come on.

It did not come on at all last night, so fingers crossed.

Thanks anyhow - will keep an eye on your topic!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back