heating small farm shop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi lads

whats the best option to heat a farm shop, it will be a steel frame building with cavity wall construction with , no ceiling with wooden cladding on the outside , underfloor heating is not an option .

many thanks

Sponsored Links
Put in a raised platform at the till area and enclose it to waist height as far as possible. With a fan heater inside this will warm staff and keep their feet above the cold floor level.

High level radiant heaters will give the illusion of some warmth to shoppers, who presumably will be wearing weather-appropriate outdoor clothing. Gas fired will probably be cheaper to run if mains gas is available.
http://www.blackheatheaters.co.uk/Commercial_Retail_Heating.htm

put in a heat pump as you may need cooling in summer.

PM me if you need further assistance I'm in Newbury.

Cheers

Richard

Sponsored Links
It is very expensive to heat the whole shop and unlikely to be necessary as visitors will come in outdoor gear.

I would say just a radiant heater at the staffed areas.

Tony

You don't want an expensive item like a condensing unit located in a livestock facility.
You'll have ammonia fumes casing serious corrosion and dust causing all sorts of problems.
The external surfaces of the finned tubes on air-cooled condensers are very prone to fouling from pollen, dust, insects, leaves, etc. Not only is the air flow affected but also the heat transfer coefficient and the deterioration in performance increasing unit operating costs.

And the service engineer refusing to work on it as the bull has him eyed up for a goring. :LOL:

Have you thought about a wood burning stove maybe?? Will look nice and tradititional and will keep the customers cosy if they gather around it. You could prob burn dryed out cow pats on it as well!

You don't want an expensive item like a condensing unit located in a livestock facility.
You'll have ammonia fumes casing serious corrosion and dust causing all sorts of problems.
The external surfaces of the finned tubes on air-cooled condensers are very prone to fouling from pollen, dust, insects, leaves, etc. Not only is the air flow affected but also the heat transfer coefficient and the deterioration in performance increasing unit operating costs.

And the service engineer refusing to work on it as the bull has him eyed up for a goring. :LOL:

Are you for real Norcon??!! Ammonia fumes & dust?? FFS you wouldn't site them in with the cows!! I've fitted one in a livestock shed for an Estate office 4 years ago & it works a treat. Do you sit in front of your laptop & dream up problems??........ :LOL:

Have you thought about a wood burning stove maybe?? Will look nice and tradititional and will keep the customers cosy if they gather around it. You could prob burn dryed out cow pats on it as well!

OMG!! it's getting worse!! Now someone wants the shop stinking of cow sh.t!!
You couldn't make it up!!........ :rolleyes:

Twas a joke spacrardthe3rd ;)

Calm yourself down :mrgreen:

To the op: your best plan is to give your customers a free shot of scotch upon arrival, that will warm them up and loosen their wallets ;)

Twas a joke spacrardthe3rd ;)

Calm yourself down :mrgreen:

To the op: your best plan is to give your customers a free shot of scotch upon arrival, that will warm them up and loosen their wallets ;)

:LOL: Any more retailing pearls of wisdom TCC?? Keep up the good work Alan Sugar.

You know the scotch idea is probably the best idea so far rich, your'e just too proud to admit it ;) tbh i think alan sugar would be proud

Exactly my point!

I don't take the kids to alton towers for the 5 quid hot dogs. But i still end up buying them for the little sods. Do you get my point? ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back