heating system design problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently fitted a combi for a customer(at there request mind, i hate the things) now there having a conservatory fitted and want underfloor heating fitting. Now that means zoning off the heating circuit for the indepentant control, but the new boiler got fitted with an Rf stat and i cant for the life off me figure out a way to get around this apart from a complete heating re-wire.(which the customer didn;t want in the first place. hence the combi ) i've heard about RF controls packs you can get for S-plans and Y-plans but i cant get my head round how the boiler is goner recognise the seperate calls for heat.Can you help me with this mess?

Sponsored Links
Each rf stat operates a zone valve which in turn instructs the boiler to fire when needed, in the cas of underfloor the zone valve would tell the underfloor to work and then the underfloor pump will mix the water as needed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back