Heating system, drain easy kit.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi wife wants ensuite radiator replacing with towel rail, don't really want to drain full system found this drain easy kit just checking it's what I need for my system to allow me to remove and fit new valves.
My system is shown in attached file.
Cheers.

Attachments

• DSC_0391.JPG
    DSC_0391.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 166
Sponsored Links
Thatx a picture of your thermal store. Not sure what an easy drain kit is but if its a set of bungs youre out of luck

Thatx a picture of your thermal store. Not sure what an easy drain kit is but if its a set of bungs youre out of luck
Hi yes that's correct it's my thermal store and it is a set of bungs. Can you elaborate on your reply as I thought I could bung the vent and supply in the expansion tank? I had a radiator fitted in an extension and the plumber had his mate put his hands over the ends while the broke the pipework downstairs so I thought I would be doing the same but using the kit.

You can, but can easily cause the cylinder to collapse. Wouldnt you be soldering pipe to fit the towel rad?. I bung everything including indirect cylindef changes if its quicker but i wouldnt attempt it on a store.

Sponsored Links
Ins
You can, but can easily cause the cylinder to collapse. Wouldnt you be soldering pipe to fit the towel rad?. I bung everything including indirect cylindef changes if its quicker but i wouldnt attempt it on a store.

OK I see,don't like the sound of that! I will be removing angle valves and replacing with straight valves.
If that's the case as the rad is on same floor as thermal store will I only need to drain from this level the rad has a drain point fitted.
Thanks again.

OK I see,don't like the sound of that! I will be removing angle valves and replacing with straight valves.
If that's the case as the rad is on same floor as thermal store will I only need to drain from this level the rad has a drain point fitted.
Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back