Heating system pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have to top up the pressure on my sealed underfloor heating system off a conventional gas boiler. As the pressure increases by around 2 bar when at full temperature, I suspected the expansion vessel. The one internal tp the boiler has a normal bicycle valve which when depressed let out water. Can I assume the bladder is burst or might it be OK if I was to pump it up again - worth a go?
I have another expansion vessel fitted external to the boiler but can't find a fitting on it to charge the bladder. Am I being stupid and blind, or might it be a completely sealed unit?

Sponsored Links
the one on ya boiler will be knackerd thats why you'll hav a remote one fitted (dependin on the boiler can be a right pain changing the exspansion vessel).. has the remote one got a black cap on the bottom? if it has unscrew it ;)

An initial small quantity of water may not be a problem, all depends whether the valve is at the bottom of the vessel or not.

Have a look at the other vessel - sometimes the valve is hidden behind a large plastic cover. Try underscrewing the cover, otherwise prise it off...there will be a normal tyre valve underneath.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back