Heating system wiring centre - wago connectors?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone used wago connectors instead of the traditional wiring centre with the terminal block?

What's your experience been? Easier to wire and diagnose?

Sponsored Links
Interesting idea.
I used them when I did spotlights and it was very easy than fiddling around with screws. Cut wire to length with easy wire strippers and straight in. Give a little tug to check if secure.

As you know with my current dilemma, I whacked in a pump and it's very hard to give the wire a tug particularly when there's more than one wire in a single terminal.

I used them when I did spotlights and it was very easy than fiddling around with screws. Cut wire to length with easy wire strippers and straight in. Give a little tug to check if secure.

As you know with my current dilemma, I whacked in a pump and it's very hard to give the wire a tug particularly when there's more than one wire in a single terminal.

I recently rejigged my wiring centre (DIY version ! ) to have a time delay on the boiler firing.
I ended up just unding all of it and starting from scratch as i couldn't remember the sequencing.
Wago's would have been very handy and a lot less faff.

Sponsored Links
I recently rejigged my wiring centre (DIY version ! ) to have a time delay on the boiler firing.
I ended up just unding all of it and starting from scratch as i couldn't remember the sequencing.
Wago's would have been very handy and a lot less faff.
Ideal connectors are bit cheaper and see through so you can see the wire.

Ideal connectors are bit cheaper and see through so you can see the wire.

Additionally, you can put probes in the ends of the 221 and 222 wagos to "read" them.

I like them.

Downside, you can't buy one or two. I recently had to buy boxes of the 2, 3 and 4 connectors (50 or 25 per box). I am a convert though. And if used in the correct enclosure, they are considered to be maintenance free (meaning that they can be buried in a wall or ceiling). You can't do that with the screw terminals

Wago make a couple of different wiring centres

The L32 comes complete with the correct 221 connectors: https://www.toolstation.com/wago-mbox-wiring-centre/p31734

The L60 is supplied as a box without connectors and is suitable for series 221 4mm Connectors: https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/WAL60.html
The 221 connectors are difficult to stick in probes.

The ideal Connectors are better but they don't come in a similar wiring centre box. It would be a case of leaving them in a enclosure

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back