Wago connectors to terminate earth wire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are there any wago (or similar connectors) that I can use to terminate an earth wire when it is not required in some lights?
I either have to use a two terminal connector or terminal block which I cover with insulation tape.

Sponsored Links
As long as you prevent the CPC's copper core touching something it shouldn't, it doesn't matter what you use.

ae235
The 221 are the smallest

ae235

Thanks for clearing that up.
Also, I tend to use these type for my connections:
E7B633FC-BDF5-4836-84C5-1544272240C7.png

Are these okay to use? Is the main difference between these and the image you posted, the ability to re-use?

Sponsored Links
The difference is the lever type can be used for solid or stranded conductors, the push in style are for solid conductors only.
Both types are reusable.

Insulation tape is not required with any of them.

Are there any wago (or similar connectors) that I can use to terminate an earth wire when it is not required in some lights?
I either have to use a two terminal connector or terminal block which I cover with insulation tape.
You don’t need to cover it with insulation tape.

Agree with the wago 221s @chivers67 they are much easier and smaller than the old bulky ones and the one size can do all common sizes of t&e.
It's worth having a bunch of two hole ones and three hole ones for flexibility.
The only reason i like screw terminals sometimes is you can jam as many wires in as you like before you tighten down, meaning they can be even more compact.

Thanks guys. That's very helpful.
I have only ever used insulation tape over the terminal blocks off a connection strip - not with a wago connector. I assume its not relevant with this either?

If its T + E cable a common trick is to cut the sleeving longer so the copper is back up inside
I sometimes fit IDEAL in line connecters on the end
shopping

You shouldn't need any insulation tape as there shouldn't be any exposed live / neutrals.

I normally use a single gang small terminal strip as it's very small (width) and easy to remove later.
I do this mainly to make it clear that the wire is intentionally not connected, rather than looking like it's come loose from somewhere.

Obviously for any actual connection a Wago is much much better than a terminal strip.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back