Source for Wago blocks - Farnell

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I found this useful so I thought I'd share this - Farnell offer Wago connectors on a single-item basis at prices equivalent to bulk purchases from most trade retailers. Delivery is free but there is a £4.74 (inc VAT) 'processing fee' on every order - so you need to order a few to make it worthwhile.

http://uk.farnell.com/w/c/connector...essories/pluggable-terminal-blocks?brand=wago

EDIT: as ban-all-sheds points out, CPC (which is owned by Farnell but operates as a different website) seems to be an even better option for small orders and has no delivery/handling fee on orders over £5

http://cpc.farnell.com/c/cable-lead...nal-blocks-accessories/prl/results?brand=wago

This gets around my biggest frustration with Wago connectors, which is that for DIYers you almost always have to end up buying way more than you need.

I needed 15 x 773 series 41 Amp connectors - buying from Screwfix would have meant purchasing 50 for £17.99 - at Farnell they are 34.8p each (inc VAT) which works out at £5.22 plus £4.74 fee = £9.96

Bulk Example:
Pack of 50 222 series three wire connectors from Screwfix = £15.99
222 series connectors from Farnell @ 27.6p each (inc VAT) x 50 = £13.80

The real beauty is you can buy exactly what you need, 10 of this, 20 of that, rather than having to get 50 of everything.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I needed 15 x 773 series 41 Amp connectors - buying from Screwfix would have meant purchasing 50 for £17.99 - at Farnell they are 34.8p each (inc VAT) which works out at £5.22 plus £4.74 fee = £9.96
And at CPC they are £3.12 for 10 (inc VAT), so with free postage and no "processing fee" you could have got 20 for £6.24.

I found this useful so I thought I'd share this
Shame you didn't wonder if anybody else here had ever found anything useful and shared it:

As I wasn't hitting the minimum order value for free shipping from QVS, CPC Farnell turned out to be the cheapest.

;)

I was not trying to steal your thunder ;)

Just came across it on my Google searches and thought it was worth sharing. You are right, CPC (despite also being owned by Farnell!) is even cheaper. Although I get a £2.50 handling charge when I order - perhaps you have an upgraded account.

Sponsored Links
18p each on my account at Farnell with no delivery or handling fees even for just ordering 1 terminal. The beauty of being a credit account holder

Order from CPC arrived - really impressed with the speed and service but the packaging was insane. Each connector was individually wrapped in plastic!

35B90F2A-2730-4AD4-860D-90A239DAA035.jpeg

You know, I think one of the things I like about using Wago blocks is that it feels like playing with adult Lego. Except the sets are a lot harder, come with no instructions and if you get it wrong, you die.

That’s ridiculous. Not even re-usable bags
I know - it's bonkers.
Which shows that neither of you have any experience in large scale warehousing/picking.
It's one thing going to your local wholesaler where someone who knows a bit about electrical bits can pick from the stock of electrical bits they have.
Look at the range CPC do - it's huge. You simply cannot expect the order pickers to know much about most of the products they are picking - they will have a pick list, ordered by aisle location for most direct routing*, so they simply go round with a trolly and grab the requisite number of packages from the box specified on the pick list. Since many (most, all ?) of the pickers wouldn't know a Wago from a Lego brick, there needs to be an easy to read code on the package so they can check that it's the product they've been told to pick.
Once you consider that part of the operation, then it makes perfect sense - to just have a box of loose Wagos for the pickers to grab from would invite lots of mispicks, customer complaints, and the consequent cost of dealing with the complaints and shipping the right parts.

* One of many custom reports I've written in a previous job.

I used to have close dealings with a fairly large scale distributor, nothing on the scale of CPC but thousands and thousands of products. They used to send you a single screw/bolt/washer per bag. BUT they were almost always snap-lock bags. The were stickered with a barcode etc for pickers but they were re-usable.

I know they can probably automate bagging wagos like that much easier than if they were in snaplock bags but it's still a ridiculous amount of plastic wastage & pollution. I'm sure the percentage of those bags that gets recycled is infinitesimal.

I personally don't see how a bin with 100 wagos in it vs a bin with 100 bags of 1 wagos in it is going to affect the picking process all that much. Both bins will have to be labelled/coded regardless for the picker to find it. If the picker can count 10 bags he can also count 10 wagos.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back