heating system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I need help on a power flushing job, the f&E tank was very dirty and had about 6 inches in sludge. I removed tank cleaned outside and refitted. I then purged the system refilled then closed all downstairs rads then added 800x to flusher and got it into all rads upstairs but 1. As they all went warmish closed off all other rads and started to flushing 1 rad at a time leaving them closed as I went excluding the 1 that would not clear. It took about 6 hours, was very dirty but got them all hot. Repeated this again downstairs which most were quick to do maybe 3 and bit hours but got them all hot and clear. When I took off the power flusher and set the system back to normal nothing upstairs worked worth talking about. 2 rads downstairs very slow and the rest were hot. In total this took 12 hours and house is 2 storey, 1 oil burner, 17 rads 2 cylinders 2 back boilers 2 open fires which I cant acess the pumps to these. Customer doesn't want to ruin decor, is it a must to get onto these pumps or will the power flusher reach the back boilers from the circulation pump on oil burner using a kamco cf 40? I am going back tomorrow to add more cleaner, any advice on cleaner type that I can leave in for a week or so to give me time to help decide what to do next with this job? HELP PLEASE, THANKS

Sponsored Links
Bet there was a bypass somewhere and you flushed the bypass for 6hours :LOL:

My advise is try to balance the system 1 rad at a time, check pump is working as well.

Bypass is a good shout. Also do the two cylinders have balancing valves to push heat through the rads when CH+HW is on?

Most guys I know, tend to replace pumps as part of powerflushing as esp on a system that dirty they are quite often worn out.

Sponsored Links
hi thanks for reply check out cylinders not to sure of the whole set up yet but the pump is not long new as he had new condensing burner fitted put will put spare on to check thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back