Heating upstairs 3 rads , very little downstairs (3 rads)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help.
I've purchased a property last October from an old couple, which required some renovation work, including replacing the old boiler.

A new combi boiler baxi potterham i think its called was ordered and installed. The engineer did a flush and left, however only the upstairs rads seem to work. Sometimes the rad works downstairs for a short amount of time, then goes cold. The one of the pipes to this rad is hot the other not. Having traced the pipes upstairs, they come to a point were they just go cold, yet 30cm away they are hot. All rad's have been bled.

I suspect a valve needs replacing on the living room rad as the pipes are hot, yet the rad is cold. A summary is listed below :-

Upstairs :-
Bathroom - hot always works
Bedroom1 :- hot always works
Bedroom 2 :- hot always works.

Downstairs :-
Hallway - never worked - both pipes are cold
Living room - Intermittant - gets hot then goes cold. Pipes leading to rad are hot.
Kitchen :- new rad fitted, worked day 1, never worked after. Both pipes feeding are cold.

Anyone any suggestions ?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
HI

where is your boiler fitted ?
what make is it ?
is it a combi ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back