Heating Wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am wiring my heating and just need to clarify if one part is ok.
My programmer (danfoss) has a small gizmo that acts as room sensor. This look a bit poor quality, so I will install another regular room stat in another area as a back-up thermostat for space heating.
Question.
In the wiring centre, does the new room stat becoming live (closed contacts) affect a 2 channel programmer by making its out-put wire live when prog contacts (HTG on) are still open?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
are you saying you will have 2 stats controlling the heating?

CH channel of programmer and room stat would be in series so that they both need to be on for heating to work.

are you saying you will have 2 stats controlling the heating?

CH channel of programmer and room stat would be in series so that they both need to be on for heating to work.

The programmer(with sensor) and room stat are both taking a 24/7 live from the wiring centre. If the contacts on the room stat close, live is taken back to the CH 2-port valve(via wiring centre), then fires boiler.
The switched live from the programmer and the room stat share the same terminal on the wiring centre. Meaning, if one or the other becomes live then both become live!
I assume this will not bother the programmer?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back