Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Changed programmer from landis staefa to drayton theres L-N and a flex cable wit a l-n aswel what connections do i connect to because hw an ch stay on dont turn off?

Sponsored Links
I do laugh when I hear a simple time switch being called a programmer but I suppose it's the name it's known by.

In the main there are two configurations which depend on the central heating type. Some heating systems still use thermosyphon to heat domestic hot water and so the programmer often has a switch and/or stop which can be changed depending on which system.

Thermostats of old used a neutral wire and had a small heater to reduce the difference between on and off temperature but modern ones don't need this.

The Honeywell plans with Y, S, and W are reasonably universally followed but often builders don't use Honeywell junction boxes and a socket backing box with blanking lid is common.

New systems have a lot more done within the boiler. (Well we hope it does not boil so don't even know why we call it a boiler?) So with a modern system there is no external programmer although there may be something similar to allow remote control.

So what you are asking is if with a system of unknown type and control if I play and swap bits how do I fix it. Well step one has to be identify what system you have. Step two is to make a plan showing what connects to what. Step three is to work out where this differs from what you want it to do. There is no magic cure.

However with the model numbers it may be that some one can down load both data sheets and can work out what goes where. However I am sure you can google just as well as any one else so maybe you can give us links to the data sheets so all we need to do is read them.

IIRC Drayton ship a compatability sheet with their programmers that tell you what wire goes where.
If you haven't got it there's one HERE

How hard can it be?

Hope you made a note of where the wires went on the old one ;)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back