Heatline boiler c28 overheat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, the boilers pressure is going up then lockout when HW runing ,CH is the same, it will go back on and same thing happened again.
so have the heat exchange plate changed, and E Vessel refilled to 1.5bar ,no improve, the driveter valve motor seems working fine.
I am not sure if this is cause by the water pump, ive open the sliver cap in the middle and turn on HW or CH, the boiler start to run but the motor is not spinning(pump motor itself is working,i took it off and tested it), the boiler make noise like there is not enough water circulation going up the main heat exchange then lockout, could it be the problems from the pcb board???or some sensors relate to this ??thanks for reading guys , please help me out

Sponsored Links
the boiler start to run but the motor is not spinning(pump motor itself is working,i took it off and tested it),
That does not make any sense ! them motor is working but not spinning, if it is working it is spinning it can not be working without spinning, do you mean that the pump impellor has sheared off ? and you expansion vessel pressure is too high, did you leave a drain point open when you pressurised it ?

Last edited:
Thanks for helping, because i took the pump out and wired it to a socket and it spin, it wont spin when connect to the boiler, is it suppose to spin every time when hot water is running???

I have empty the boiler and drain water out using the red pressure release , the pressure gauga shows zero, so i should leave the pressure release open when i filled the vessel??and what bar should i fill this with ??
Thaks for your help

you shouldnt use the pressure releif to drain the boiler, your boiler has a drain valve you will need a short length of hose into a bucket and leave the valve open and set the EV pressure to 0.8 Bar then close the drain valve and re-pressurise the boiler, this will not sort your problem though, you will have to find out why the pump is not getting power when fitted to the boiler

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back