Heatline Vizo 24, Heating works but no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As title suggests heating works fine but there's no hot water.

It sounds like it is switching over but the boiler doesn't power up. Anyone had anything similar or can point me at a few things to check?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
We've changed the flow sensor but its still not firing up when the hot water is turned on. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help

Have you measured the NTC resistances on the boiler when cold?

How did you change the flow sensor without removing the gas valve?

Tony

Sponsored Links
We've changed the flow sensor but its still not firing up when the hot water is turned on. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help

Did you change the clip on part only or drain down and install the full turbine set up.

Have you measured the NTC resistances on the boiler when cold?

How did you change the flow sensor without removing the gas valve?

Tony

Hey tony, I'm glad you said that. Some guys will say it can be done without removing the gas valve but I can't. You have to rag it out at a funny angle and to me you can't guarantee it's gone back in properly.

For what it's worth, I had the same problem two months ago. It was the Diverter valve motor that failed, easily replaced and £15 off Ebay.

For what it's worth, I had the same problem two months ago. It was the Diverter valve motor that failed, easily replaced and £15 off Ebay.

Yes that would need to be checked also. I always start with the common problems first.

It could be a hundred things on these horrible things.

I know what you mean, we moved in to a property with a Vizo installed, and everything was fine for a few years. Then, everything started going wrong! I know that a lot of people blame it on the install with it being a cheap boiler, but theres no sludge in the system and the failures have been completely random. So far, it's cost me more than the boiler...

I know what you mean, we moved in to a property with a Vizo installed, and everything was fine for a few years. Then, everything started going wrong! I know that a lot of people blame it on the install with it being a cheap boiler, but theres no sludge in the system and the failures have been completely random. So far, it's cost me more than the boiler...

Ouch !!!!
It's hard to know when to stop and cut you losses.

i've had a few Vizo`s that a little circlip inside the diverter has rusted away & it holds the spring in against the diagpram cheap & easy fix :D

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back