Heatline VIZO

whatever man you tell me whats wrong with what we do. tell me what else worcester ask you to do to commision the boiler. you don't even have to check the co2 settings we only do that cause the boilers get kicked about in transit messing up the gas valve. we use mains pressure to do the flush where u use a machine. you get completly the same result.

Sponsored Links
Boilers thrown in for peanuts, not properly flushed or commissioned. Then we rock up when it goes wrong and charge the customer to do remedial work that shouldnt have needed to be done. Customer ends up paying more in the long run

How many times have we heard this before.
Amazingly it still falls on deaf years.
People seem to think cheap installs are saving them money, which may be true in the short term, but sure cost them a lot more in the long term.

The **** hits the fan when they try getting them to return to repair their cheap and badly installed appliances.

I'm surprised you can still get the vizo 24/28 boilers which are B-banded boilers from B&Q. I was told that they stopped selling them and have been replaced with the vizo plus, the A-banded boiler. If you can still get the vizo, the only two differnces between it and the c24/28 are 1. Facia is different 2. It can or could only be bought from B&Q and comes with a 1 year warranty instead of 2 on the c24/28 range. All the inners are the same, Circuit/ display card, pump, divertors etc. I agree with Tony, there is nothing wrong with heatline boilers, they only get problems and a bad name due to poor installation.

And the poor guys who do their warrantee work have to replace the clogged up plate heat exchangers under the warrantee because they cover them at least once!!!

The company then pull the warrantee until the owner has a receipt for a power flush. It may only cost them £350 for the boiler but then its another £350 for the power flush so the home owner ends up paying £700 in the end anyway!

Thats a pretty good warranty on a budget boiler! Better than Vaillant in that respect!

Tony

Sponsored Links
we use mains pressure to do the flush where u use a machine. you get completly the same result.

How you do business is up to you. However what you can't change is how water behaves. Mains water will not lift sludge, it passes through or over any orafice left open to it. Try it yourself with a clogged section. I've had 3 bar put through a 3/4 furred pipe and the water runs clean through without disturbing a grain.

The idea of hot circulating flushing agents is to dissolve the crud for long periods, the flushing out part is just at the end. What you're doing makes no difference if you leave the filling loop open for 5 minutes or 5 years. All you flush is whatever's already suspended in the water.

I kid you not. weve got a shop to run, the reason why our prices are low are because others are even lower otherwise we wouldn't have to work. we make about £600. have you ever fitted a worcester? the timers are a doddle you just take one screw out and the thing slots in the front. it takes 20mins to fit 3 tv's. the thermstat is 3 wires into the connector block, takes 5-10 mins. to comission takes 5 mins. all you do is stick the analyser in the flue and set the co2 max and min settings and check the working pressure. How long does it take to explain how a boiler works?10 mins max. when we flush we put a drain on the boiler on the flow side before any rad, fill loop on the return fill the system turn off the valve on the flow on the boiler. knock off all rads apart from 1 then turn, connect a hose to drain off and open it, on fill loop run about 1.5bar through it. watch all the rubbish run out the hose. go through all the rads in the same way one at a time. if still bit mucky stick x400 for an hour to get rid of rest. honestly only takes 30mins

I hope you put a Magaclean on.

we use mains pressure to do the flush where u use a machine. you get completly the same result.

How you do business is up to you. However what you can't change is how water behaves. Mains water will not lift sludge, it passes through or over any orafice left open to it. Try it yourself with a clogged section. I've had 3 bar put through a 3/4 furred pipe and the water runs clean through without disturbing a grain.

The idea of hot circulating flushing agents is to dissolve the crud for long periods, the flushing out part is just at the end. What you're doing makes no difference if you leave the filling loop open for 5 minutes or 5 years. All you flush is whatever's already suspended in the water.

In one system I did, it had a partial blockage in the pipes to a living room rad. It was very slow to warm up, but caught up eventually, so not a great drawback. I knew of the problem on estimating the job, so I used X-400 in the system for a week to no avail.

I flushed out with mains pressure water. It helped a little. I always install Magnaclean filters on the return to the boiler. 6 months later the radiator was operating fine and the Magnaclean filter full of crud. The X-400 and main pressure loosened the solid sludge and the Magnaclean and X-100 must have done the rest.

On my experience only here. I disagree with the 3/4 furred pipe. If the mains pressure is high enough and it is left on for quite a time the mains pressure will shift most of it.

So how do you add the chemicals when you flush it with mains water?

What do you put on the Benchmark Certificate for chemicals used?

If you have a full up Magnaclean after a few months then how can you say your mains flushing is effective?

I went to one I had done after a year and there was about 2 cc of fine dirt on the Magnaclean. I was worried the customer might say it was not worth the cost to fit it with so little dirt.

To me, a Magnaclean is a partial solution to a system which someone else has not cleaned properly!

Tony

So how do you add the chemicals when you flush it with mains water?

What do you put on the Benchmark Certificate for chemicals used?

If you have a full up Magnaclean after a few months then how can you say your mains flushing is effective?

I went to one I had done after a year and there was about 2 cc of fine dirt on the Magnaclean. I was worried the customer might say it was not worth the cost to fit it with so little dirt.

To me, a Magnaclean is a partial solution to a system which someone else has not cleaned properly!

Tony

A Magnaclean is a belt and braces approach. It is the safety net.

On this point, I completely agree with Agile.

In my defence, I've not been well this week.

A Magnaclean is a belt and braces approach. It is the safety net.
Not really, because it doesn't catch rust particles. A bit like braces that hold up your belt but not your trousers. Or an acrobat's safety net that catches his balancing pole, but not him.

Hi can anyone recommend a room thermostat for the the heatline as we have had a few and apparently they have been too hight voltage, any suggestions?

The C24 Heatline has built in frost protection and interestingly a connection for external temperature sensing ! If thats used it can increase the efficiency by up to about 5%.

The slight problem is that I cannot tell if the Vizo which is a B&Q badged model is absolutely exactly the same. I would expect it to be the same inside but cannot be sure.

There is nothing I can see in the very good design and manufacture quality which would make me expect it to be anything other than very reliable.

These cheaper boilers always suffer from the problem that they are usually fitted by non British and non CORGI installers and that always means they get an unjustified reputation for unreliability.

The plain fact is they are the choice of anyone who wants to do a cheap job. Nobody is going to pay us £840 for the installation of a boiler which only cost them £315.

This means the legitimate CORGI engineers never fit them and only hear of the problems resulting from unregistered installers.

Tony

That's crap mate. I am doing one for the daughter of a good customer of mine next week. It'll take 10 hours to do and I am taking £400 ex Vat for doing it plus £60 quid for materials. thing is the sheds are going to use their buying power, Screwfix are everywhere, Mr Central Heating Man is all over the web if you turn your nose up at jobs like this you'll lose more and more over time.

That's crap mate. I am doing one for the daughter of a good customer of mine next week. It'll take 10 hours to do and I am taking £400 ex Vat for doing it plus £60 quid for materials. thing is the sheds are going to use their buying power, Screwfix are everywhere, Mr Central Heating Man is all over the web if you turn your nose up at jobs like this you'll lose more and more over time.

Are you power flushing the system first?

Will you notify the installation to building control and are you GS registered?

Tony

Tony[/quote]

The install will be done to MIs. I am a registered installer.

Tony[/quote]

Mate just re-read my post. Sorry for insinuating you were talking crap that was a bit strong.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back