Country
United Kingdom
NEW TO THIS SO SORRY IF THIS IS A STUPID QUESTION
JUST HAD A QUOTE FOE A 24 KW CONDENSING HEATLINE BOILER
POWER FLUSH OF EXISTING RADS NEW RAD VALVES
RUNNING OF 22 MM GAS PIPES FROM METER TO TO KITCHEN
I LIVE IN A 2 UP 2 DOWN TERRACE HOUSE WITH A SMALL EXTENSION
BOLIER IN KITCHEN
QUOTED £1400 ?? IS THAT HEATLINE BOLIER RELIABLE ????

Sponsored Links
Heatline is a very very cheap boiler but at that price (providing all is done properly) id be signing on the dotted line. I certainly couldnt compete with that AND do the job properly.

HarrogateGas said:
Heatline is a very very cheap boiler but at that price (providing all is done properly) id be signing on the dotted line. I certainly couldnt compete with that AND do the job properly.

THANKS FOR THAT.THE QUOTE IS GOOD HAVEN'T SEEN MUCH NEGATIVITY ABOUT HEATLINE

THANKS AGAIN

HarrogateGas said:
I certainly couldnt compete with that AND do the job properly.

sounds like you wouldnt sign for that then...you get what you pay for eh

Sponsored Links
As fas as im aware Heatline is a b+q stocked item and PTS probably getting it for like £399. You dont say but i assuming its a heat only boiler ( ie not a combi). Most of us reputable installers would price to replace your central heating circulater ( pump) and zone valves adapt the pipework as nessacery, 28mm flow and returns always make the heat go round great,
The questions you need to ask are;
1, Is the installer corgi registered.
2, Is the wiring too be completed by a part L ( **** or is it p lol) electrician.
3, How thorough is the powerflushing going to be, go to the http://www.kamco.co.uk/powerflushing.htm read it then ask some baiting questions of your installer.
4, always get 3 quotes
5, how long is the gaurentee period.
6, Does the company have public liability insurance

Id say at a guess 24kw gloworm boiler, powerflush, 3 port 28mm acl drayton controls pack... whoops i just read the rules LOL

Oh Dear!!!

Nobody has questioned WHICH boiler this quote is for!

I would not recommend a 24 kW combi boiler which is what I expect this is to be. The larger sizes are well worth the extra for a combi.

The proper Band A boiler is the Solaris 24PC or 30PC and I am quite impressed with them.

The hybrid model is the C24 or C28 which is fairly OK.

THEN there is the B&Q Vizo which is a little different from the C24/28. I would not recommend this model apart from it being very cheap indeed.

I dont think much of this quote if its for a Vizo or C24.

If its for the Solaris then its very good indeed ! Get the installer to confirm in writing which model it is and uprate it to the 30PC

As stated check the installers CORGi number and he completes the Benchmark Certificate and notifies CORGI.

Tony

Cheap crap made by beko in turkey get something german for your own sake or put house on market asap after beko fitted

cheap rubbish ? come back when you know what you are on about. blowing the rest away, ask vaillant?

When Wareleads posted that last January, Heatlione were owned by beko.

Vaillant only bought Heatline a few months ago!

Tony

This post was nearly a year ago :eek:

and?

and, Its called hi jacking (read the forum rules)

I shall explain.

There is no point what so ever in adding a comment to a post that is over a month old, reason is
1) This forum moves too fast
2) Quite often as in this case, the OP has made a couple of posts and no longer posts, so adding to the post is a waste of time because the OP will not be around to read it
3) The job has been done / sorted by now, so there is no point in replying
4) bathroomdesign is a troll or spammer call it what you will, look at this post for example, it breaks forum rules, and adds nothing to the post, ALSO if you could read bathroomdesign other posts you would see they are advertising, which is not allowed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back