Heatmiser RF Slimline and Vaillant Eco Tec Plus 831 combi wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I finally gave in with the VRT392f controls on this brilliant boiler and have had the above wireless programmable room stat fitted. My wife couldn't adjust the Vaillant controls and would light a fire to keep warm if l was out!

BUT now it's all fitted it doesn't work

Fault code F49 comes up

From others on here it seems that is either Short circuit on the eBUS, eBUS overload or two power supplies with different polarities on the eBUS
The boiler runs fine with all controls switched off on the boiler stat only

Can anybody confirm what the connections should be and what links should be left in place

Heatmiser say our RF-Switch requires a 230v supply for power your wire from the COM and the NO back to your room stat connections on the boiler. Whatever voltage supplied from the boiler into COM on the RF-Switch will be switched out of NO when a demand for heat is made.

The COM goes to negative on EBUS and NO1 goes to positive on EBUS on the boiler

I have left the two links that were there with the Vaillant controls, one across the 24V RT block and also one across the Burner off block.

Can somebody guide me on how to remedy this, and if the existing connections are correct, is the Heatmiser kit defective

Thanks for all advice

Sponsored Links
edit your boiler can switch 24 or 240 but the ebus is data so wont work. If I have the right rf receiver for your stat you cant use ebus, the receiver just switches 240 which you need to connect to the 240vac rt connection in your boiler.

Hi Picasso

Thanks very much for that, l connected it to the RF instead of the RT cos the Vaillant one was connected there, wondered why there was an RT terminal?
Much appreciated

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back