Heatrae Sadia Megaflow 145DD - tripping out

It sounds to me as if you have two immersion elements.

One at the bottom for Economy 7 and one neat the top for daytime boost.

The one at the bottom has failed or tripped ( little tiny manual reset inside the cover ) and you have been operating on the boost element at daytime charge rates.

Dont open anything unless competent and power is turned off.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I have periodocally had to reset it (little red button) but for some reason it had jammed so the electrician who came over and advised that I needed a new cylinder swapped the thermostats (as we didnt have any hot water) and has capped off the economy 7 thermostat.

thanks guys for your help - if either of you cover East London please can you forward me your number/email address? Otherwise can you recommend someone who could change the thermostats for me?

thanks

East London covers a very wide area and is on the edge of our primary service area.

If you dont find anyone else, then email me from my profile with the property address in the subject line and we can see if we could help you.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back