Heatrae sadia megaflow 210

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there ,
I have the immersion heater installed on the first floor it was already there when i bought the house, it has been workin fine for the last 11 years and still working good up to now.
My question is there is only one element fitted and connected at the bottom but at the top there is no element just a cap.
I'm wondering what is the purpose and reason for this , any idea, is it good idea to fit an el ement at the top?
upload_2021-1-18_21-22-13.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Bottom will take longer to heat water at the top as it has to heat all the water above it, but will give a full tank of hot water.

Top one heats top volume of water quickly for a speedier shower but then runs out.

So all I have to do is remove the cap and fit an other element of course after bleeding the system, yes ?
This is an inderect water cylinder

Sponsored Links
You can't do anything at all. You need to be G3 Registered to work on these cylinders. Also, you'll need a separate supply running from your consumer unit to run a second immersion heater if you don't already have one.

oh, it's unvented?

You can get a changeover switch to run the upper and lower element from the same circuit (but not at the same time).

printed "sink/bath"

and have an on/off switch on the same faceplate.

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Produc...MItIewx9Gm7gIVN4BQBh0HnArsEAQYASABEgJ5AvD_BwE

not often seen these days as some people with two elements run the lower one from off-peak or solar to save money, so a separate circuit.

For off-peak, you can get a timer switch (e.g. the Horstmann)

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back