Heatrae Sadia Shower - How to remove from wall?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Firstly, apologies if this is the wrong forum to post in - I wasn't really sure which category this query fits into!

I have a Heatrae Sadia shower, and I can't work out how to get the thing off the wall to gain access to the pump (which needs attention).

The central knob pulls off and reveals three screws, which I have removed, but the outlet pipe is still preventing the front panel from coming away.

Can anyone advise how to remove the outlet pipe, and hence allow the front panel to be removed?

Picture of the shower (hopefully) attached to show what I mean! (Obviously I have disconnected the shower hose - it's the small right-angle fitting attached to the main unit that's the problem :)

Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
That's a supajet 100.

Take the dial off as you've already done
Turn the swivel hose connection so that the outlet faces the valve spindle and pull off, ensure that the 'O' ring remains inside the outlet fitting.
Then remove the 3 screws.

I do have the instuction manual for this shower if you need it. ;)

Ah, thank you!

Now I know the model number, I have been able to find the manual on the Web. I will have another try at removing the cover this evening.

Managed to get the front off, and the thing looks quite easy to disassemble.

Unfortunately, it seems the pump and motor assembly is an obsolete part, so I'm either going to have to try to renovate the existing pump, or replace the entire shower.

I really didn't want to replace the entire shower, as it seems to be quite difficult to find any flush-mounting models, and the shower cubicle is small enough as it is without a chunky surface-mount shower stuck on the side!

Unless anyone knows of anyone who can supply a replacement motor/pump?

Everything is made far more difficult by the fact that "Supajet 100" now seems to refer to a totally different shower! My "Supajet 100" tends to be referred to as a "Mira Supajet" on most web sites. Very confusing!

Sponsored Links
Most of the important parts for this shower are now obsolete.
And changing this shower won't be straight foreward as this shower is supplied power from a transformer at 11.5 volt most power showers are 230v so a new cable will also be needed to be run down the wall.

The only shower i know powered from a transformer is the aqualisa aquastream.

I don't mind running a new wire down the wall (can probably just use the existing wire to pull it through) - but is it possible to get a flush-mounting shower? That's the most important thing really.

Don't think the water pressure is good enough to get a decent shower from a normal mixer. It really needs a pump.

Surprised there are *no* flush-mounting power showers available any more. I wonder why they've stopped making them? They would seem an ideal thing for a small shower cubicle where space is at a premium.

Looks like I'll just have to try and repair my existing pump then.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back