Second hand Heatrae Sadia Sapphire/Pearl shower wanted

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if anyone removing and scrapping a Heatrae Sadia Pearl shower (it could be described as a Pearl 850) or an old style Heatrae Sadia Sapphire shower, would sell it to me: please pm me if you can help. The only thing that I need working is the High-Power/Low-Power rocker switch, so as long as that works I would buy the unit, shown here:

IMG_0518 Heartrae Sadia Sapphire shower.jpg

The Pearl and the old style Sapphire appear to be the same. I have tried all the spares websites and the rocker switch is obsolete and the shower unit is unavailable.

Admin, sorry if this post is against the rules but I am desperate.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Sorry to bump this post, but I am still interested in buying this Heatrae Sadia unit, a new one too in the unlikely event that someone has one.

Last edited:
Why waste time fiddling around with a second hand shower, you can buy a new one for about £50. and have a two year guarantee

Sponsored Links
Why waste time fiddling around with a second hand shower, you can buy a new one for about £50. and have a two year guarantee

Because it will take a couple if minutes to replace the toggle switch whereas it will take a few hours to perhaps bang holes in the wall, relay the pipes, etc to enable me to fit a new shower. I hardly think that a shower costing £50 will be very reliable anyway, a two year guarantee is useless as I expect a shower to last at more than 10 years!

Additionally, I am from the fix and mend generation, and do not buy new when it is completely unnecessary.

Last edited:

Because it will take a couple if minutes to replace the toggle switch whereas it will take a few hours to perhaps bang holes in the wall, relay the pipes, etc to enable me to fit a new shower. I hardly think that a shower costing £50 will be very reliable anyway, a two year guarantee is useless as I expect a shower to last at more than 10 years!

Additionally, I am from the fix and mend generation, and do not buy new when it is completely unnecessary.

Somuch for two minutes, it's been a year, one month and 11 days so far and it's still not got a new toggle switch. Pretty sure you could've changed the shower quicker.

Somuch for two minutes, it's been a year, one month and 11 days so far and it's still not got a new toggle switch. Pretty sure you could've changed the shower quicker.

The shower still works OK. As we did not have a hot summer, I did not have to change the connections around on the toggle twitch, which would have taken me a minute if the weather had been hot.

Your original shower only came with a two year guarantee ( as standard)

It all depends on how often one showers as to the length of Service the unit gives, but I have found on past experience with an average Family using a shower regularly, Five Years is a good life span.

Your idea of " Fix and Mend" generation is basically dangerous, chuck it out and buy a SAFE NEW SHOWER from one of the DIY sheds or Argos. Water and Electrics do not go together.

(£56. from Argos 8.5kw same as you have at the moment and 2 year guarantee)

Because it will take a couple if minutes to replace the toggle switch whereas it will take a few hours to perhaps bang holes in the wall, relay the pipes, etc to enable me to fit a new shower!

Rubbish, if you buy one with the same connections (such things are available) then swapping it over is a 15 minute job

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back