Heatrae Sadia shower - leaking from white circular plastic..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm not a plumber so please excuse my lack of knowledge on the correct parts names.

I'm reasonably good at fixing stuff though.........

I've got a Heatrae Sadia Carousel (quite an old one) that has developed a dreadful leak, I've taken the cover off to have a look (while wearing heavy duty insulated gloves) and the leak seems to be coming from the large white circular plastic disk that controls the temp setting.

Is this repairable or is it a bin and replace job?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
what model carousel ? there is about 3 different models.
give us a pic if not sure.

It may be a bursting disc which acts as a form of safety valve. It has possibly popped for a reason.

Sponsored Links
Not sure of the model but it's about 15 years old I guess.

Haven't got a camera handy but if you imagine a unit with two turn knobs...the upper right sets the flow to high med or low and the other sets the temperature.

The white plastic dial is behind the temperature dial.

Without pulling it fully apart the white dial looks like it's actually two plastic pieces and the water seems to be leaking out the join where they face each other. Hope this helps.

Getting somewhere.
is the dials like 3 points or 4 ?

Err.....not quite sure what you mean.

The flow (smaller upper right) dial had off, low, mde and high positions with off being up.

The temp (large middle bottom) dial had up an down and a hot / cold scale behind a clear(ish) plastic window to the right of the dial.

Hope that helps

Just had a look and there's a cat number label

95 021 535

It's a 7.5Kw model

Hope this helps

Not this one is it ?
sadia_carousel_7_7000.jpg

yes where on the shower did you get that from it don't tally up with any numbers i've got.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back