BDC7C98A-DAA4-428C-A7D0-A46E1767769C.jpeg
    249.5 KB · Views: 100
Sponsored Links
Here you go

Attachments

• 089887DD-4FAE-4E79-B837-1D8E0E6D6C43.jpeg
    089887DD-4FAE-4E79-B837-1D8E0E6D6C43.jpeg
    154.2 KB · Views: 97
Take the old one off at the bottom nut, remove the nut from the new one and it should fit there. If not, unscrew the old one where the white tape is showing and it should screw in there.

Sponsored Links
If you close off all the radiators upstairs at both ends just in case (remember to count the turns of the lockshield valves of the rads), the HW is on another pipe circuit but closing the rads will stop any water emptying from them. Once the pressure is at 0 bar then loosen the nut slowly and have some towels/container ready. If it starts to spurt then there is still pressure in the system and just leave the nut loosened until it stops leaking, then the AAV can be taken off, again just be ready to catch some water. Then just replace one for the other.

The one you have looks like it is for 15mm, the pipe it's going onto is a 22mm by the looks of it. As @denso13 mentions, if you have to remove the old one from where the white tape is as the one you have is too small to fit to the bottom nut. That being said the coupler you have may be a 22mm compression to a 22mm female end, rather than a reducer. You need to wrap the thread on the new AAV with about 15 wraps of the tape, wrap it the clockwise as you look at it end on.

To make it easy for you though, I would recommend you get an AAV for a 22mm pipe.

Its not 22mm a AAV , its one of those that's supposed to be self sealing when you unscrew the top part, I have never had the nerve to find out if they work or not and always drain down.

@Louisep786 , can you put the AAV's next to each other and is the bottom nut roughly the same size on each? If so, then as long as the thread is the same then they should be a straight swap.

Morning everyone,

I took @Madrab advice and went to screwfix this morning and bought the part with the correct connection size. It has now been changed and so far no leak and no drop in pressure :) thank you so much for everyone’s advice, I’m sure i was frustrating calling the parts the wrong thing and so on. I’m so grateful to have not needed to find the money for another plumber during these times.

Would it be normal to now have a trickle of water coming through the tundish? Could this be just as the water heats up? I’ve just topped up the pressure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back