Leaking connection between plastic thread and copper pipe

yes i know fiber washer is to seal the join.but has any one ever used ptfe on a compression type join before.me thinks yes.

you've answered your own question

'yes i know fiber washer is to seal the join'

just cause other bodgers have you don't have to follow.

it don't do nothing just clogs the fitting up.

Sponsored Links
yes i know fiber washer is to seal the join.but has any one ever used ptfe on a compression type join before.me thinks yes.

I find that unless the mating surfaces are absolutely flat, a fibre washer will weep.

The correct solution IMO is to use a rubber washer.

opps,in one photo there is a roll of ptfe on the floor,yes same photo shows a mullered plastic threaded pipe.

Sponsored Links
SS, don't make him go for :cry: just yet...

theirs something with diyer's and ptfe they love it.
like christmas banners they stick it everywhere.

surprised-004.gif

opps,in one photo there is a roll of ptfe on the floor,yes same photo shows a mullered plastic threaded pipe.

As this is my 1st plumbing job, I havent seen a plastic thread like this before in detail.

Does this look like its had its day then?

If you soak a new fibre washer in a drop of water before assembling the joint, it will soften a bit, and bed down a bit easier without straining the plastic threads.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back