Heatslave 15 19 control / thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

We have a Heatslave 15/19 floorstanding oil fired combi boiler, it's a good boiler but we do not have any thermostatic control in the house - heating is ON or OFF and only control we have is valving rads and changing the temperature knob on the boiler.

Can anyone advise what we need to add to the system to enable thermostatic control. Nothing too extravagant, just one stat will do us.

Can I get something from Worcester or do I need to go with a Siemens set-up?

Thanks in advance, any help much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
You should have at least time control and a room thermostat or a programmable room stat on a combi. To prevent firing for the HW store overnight, fit 2 channel programmer.

Worcester do their own 2 channel programmer, but I prefer to use external Honeywell stuff.

Hi Tibbot, thanks for your reply.
there is a programmable timer for the heating/hot water on the boiler it's self.
So do we just need to look at getting an external stat to link with this timer or do i need somethingto link this to the stat too?
(sorry I know these are really stupid querstions but I called into plumb centre and the guy couldn't 9or maybe just didn't want to!) andwer my questions).

Thanks

It works between the timer and the boiler switch live. The boiler control thermostat s/be left alone on a high setting.

Sponsored Links
I hope no one minds me sticking my oar in here, but if the 15/19 shares the same control board as the 12/14 (and I think they do), there are terminal connections on the board to serve an external stat. Going to be one of my jobs, come the Spring.
John :)

I hope no one minds me sticking my oar in here, but if the 15/19 shares the same control board as the 12/14 (and I think they do), there are terminal connections on the board to serve an external stat. Going to be one of my jobs, come the Spring.
John :)
Quite right John, The terminals are marked on the board. Take out the link and wire in the stat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back