heatslave 15/19 overheating?

learningtoplumb said:
Ok thanks! Will try that later! As you said a blockage have you any idea why that would appear now?

Not from my desk no. Lack of circulation either mechanical or physical

Sponsored Links
When you open the front cap on the pump you may get a dribble. If the boiler is empty it wont fire due to no pressure. Dont fire a dry boiler!!! They can go bang literally.

This is getting scary!! I don't want to go bang with it!! I will check this this afternoon and post you on how it went! Thanks for all your help so far....much appreciated! BTW Is the impeller the part I will see from removing the screw? I guess I should ask him if he's had any previous problems etc, just hard when I don't know the answers!! I did suggest the divertor valve as I assumed water wasn't flowing round heating / hot water when asked to do so. Saying that on the few jobs at work with the same problem none were over heating! So much to learn......!!

If your not sure dont do it. Get your neighbour to get someone in and ask if you can watch. Why not get your neigbour to ring the firm your working for? Your boss will be happy with you then!

Sponsored Links
Yeah you're probably right! Would like to have a go myself but might be a good idea to leave it to someone who knows..... Might speak to the gaffa tomorrow, trouble is he's a right misarable sod!!!

No wonder with all his lads running round doing foreigners. LOL just kidding

Forgot... impeller is the opposite end on the pump to what you can see when you remove the screw cap

By the way if I was to disconnect the pump on my parents boiler (worcester 28 cdi) I presume I would get the same result, ie, rapid pressure rise? Or any other boiler for that matter.....

On a pressurised system yes. Open vented system would do the same but the pressure would blow out the open vent. DONT DO IT!

No I won't - you're right!! One thing I forgot is that water was escaping from an automatic air vent on the left? I think this is on top of the heat exchanger? Was still dribbling out when I left but the whole thing was boiling hot?

Well thanks for all your advise! Will have to come on here more often - have learned something today already!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back