heatslave 15/19 recently fitted with a room thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had an heatslave 15/19 fitted with a room thermostat. The room thermostat is a Drayton combi stat with markings 10-30 - I take it that is centigrade.
The HW and CH on the box are both left on.
I have noticed the radiators heat up when the room temperature is, lets say, 20C and the thermostat is set to 10C - but it seems it doesn't happen all the time.
I know for definite that it is not the recently fitted thermostat.

From what I can gather it seems there is some interaction between the HW and CH? I mean when this unwanted heating of the radiators occur I can turn the CH off at the box but the pump noise and heater is still firing up. Only when the hot water is switched off at the box does the pump and heater stop yet no taps are running. It almost seems to me that there is hot water destined for the taps that is circulating through the radiators and heats them up is this correct?

Any ideas what is going on?
IA

Sponsored Links
it is possible that your diverter valve is faulty and is letting by to the c heating when it should be heating the hot water heat store tank. assuming new room stat is wired correctly,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back