Heatslave 15/19 Too much hot water?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Got a Heatslave 15/19 Oil boiler.

This morning we woke to no hot water. Checking the boiler I find a fuse has blown and tripped the MCB. Change the fuse, turn it on and away we go... except it then locks out. I press the reset button on the TR830.2 and get an almighty ban from inside it and a horrid smell.

So, off to the parts shop, and come home with a shiney new TR830.3. Fitted it in and the boiler starts working and starts heating up.

So, an hour later I checked back and test the water.. it's scalding!! I moved the water thermostate waaaay down and ran a load of hot water out.

An hour later I happen to pass the boiler and hear it humming away. The boiler is not firing.. it's just the water pump... and it's bloody red hot. Check the tap water temperature.. that's still red hot too!!! CH is off, as it should be.

The pressue guage is also showing as high (normally 1-1.5, now 2-2.4)

So.. am I going crazy.. does the water pump normally run alot or is it due to too much hot water? No taps or CH were running, so why was the pump running?

Any advice appreciated. I am now paranoid it's going to explode :D

Sponsored Links
Time to get an Oil Boiler engineer in it is likely that the Control box blowing was only part of the original problem!! there are too many possiblilites to even start guessing on this forum so get a good local Engineer in and tell him the whole tale and he or she can then make a daignosis and rectify the fault at minimum cost! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back