1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Heavy radiator fixings into Thermalite block - advice needed

Discussion in 'Building' started by BobbyBrown, 23 Jan 2019.

1. BobbyBrown

BobbyBrown

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi,

I'm fitting a radiator to a plasterboard wall ready for the plumber to pipe up. Having had a quick peek behind the board though theres a large gap between the rear of the plasterboard and the thermalite block (60mm). I have used the Dryline Pro fixing (https://www.drylinepro.com/) for previous radiators that have worked well but none of them have had a gap as big as this. What would people recommend?
    IMG_2761.jpg

2. rsgaz

rsgaz

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Sponsored Links
  4. 23vc

23vc

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Or cut out bits of board and put noggins in, kinda similar to what I’ve just said in your other thread but bigger battens/noggins fixed to the blockwork if it’s taking the weight of the radiator

5. BobbyBrown

BobbyBrown

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thanks for the replies, I think I'm going do go down the space-plug route. Total weight of the radiator filled will be 47.3kg. I'm thinking one space plug and hex screw per bracket (4 in total). Does this sound reasonable?

6. Sponsored Links
  7. ivixor

ivixor

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
  8. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local